Posted August 19, 2022
The Massachusetts Coastal Pine Barrens Partnership, Mass Audubon and the Wareham Land Trust will be hosting a series of eBird workshops and field sessions, thanks to funding from the Cornell eBird Mini-Grant Program.
Virtual eBird Workshop – Wednesday, September 7, 7-9pm
The virtual workshop will cover two main topics:
- An overview of bird physiology and adaptations, key field marks, and life history with an emphasis on species of interest in the coastal pine barrens ecoregion.
- A virtual tour of the eBird platform, getting started with an account, and how to create a list with valuable qualitative and quantitative data.
The workshop is suitable for all experience levels.
eBird Field Sessions:
Three eBird field sessions will serve as follow-ups to the virtual eBird workshop, which will allow participants to put workshop content into practice and receive both bird identification and technological support in real time and build confidence in using their new knowledge of the eBird platform. Although participation in the September 7th virtual workshop is not required to attend a field session, participants will likely find it helpful.
- Saturday, September 10, 8-10am – Mass Audubon’s Ashumet Holly Wildlife Sanctuary, Falmouth, led by Mass Audubon
- Monday, September 19, 8-10am – Douglas S. Westgate Conservation Area, West Wareham led by the Wareham Land Trust
- Friday, September 30, 8-10am – Mass Audubon’s Tidmarsh Wildlife Sanctuary, Plymouth led by Mass Audubon
To register for any of the above events, please click here.