Welcome to the Wareham Land Trust. We are the premier conservation organization in the Town of Wareham. We promote land protection, natural resource education, and smart growth.
Through a variety of well-established methods we safeguard valuable land and water resources. Our mission is to permanently protect special open spaces to benefit water quality, wildlife habitat, the citizens of Wareham, and for the economic enhancement of the Town. We hope that you will join us in protecting these priceless resources for future generations.
Upcoming Events: The passion we feel for our mission is reflected in the educational forums we sponsor about local wildlife and the environment. Join us for some of our upcoming educational events:
- Feb 14, 1:30pm-3:30pm: “For the Love of Nature” Valentine’s Day Hike at Marks Cove Conservation Area
- Feb 16 – Feb 19: Great Backyard Bird Count
- Feb 20, 10am-12pm: Volunteer Trail Day at Fearing Hill Conservation Area
- Feb 29, 11am-10pm: Fundraiser at Red Robin (Wareham Crossing)
- Mar 22, 1pm-3pm: Winter Tree ID at the Red Brook Trail Network (Registration coming soon)
WLT is Applying for Reaccreditation; Public comment accepted through May 3, 2024.
Take a few moments to visit our site. You can find details about our properties, how we protect open space and achieve our mission, and information about our upcoming events. Feel free to send us a note with your comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Please consider becoming a member and supporting our cause. You can also help us through volunteer work on one of our committees or by becoming a land protection steward. We look forward to meeting you.