Updated April 14, 2021
April 17th-April 24th
Week-long, outdoor recreation programs for April vacation
Are you Wild For Wareham? Join the Wareham Land Trust, Mass Audubon, and Buzzards Bay Coalition’s Onset Bay Center for a full week of outdoor activities that highlight Wareham’s wild side. To celebrate spring, and school vacation (April 17 –24, 2021), the three organizations are joining forces to offer a variety of programs that will get you and your family outside and enjoying all that Wareham has to offer.
Program highlights include a walking tour of the new Great Neck Wildlife Sanctuary with Mass Audubon, an Invasive Plant Art-Build with The Wareham Land Trust, and Learn to Shellfish program with the Onset Bay Center. People who register for one or more events will receive a Wild For Wareham Program passport that can be used to track the sessions you participate in and enter to win an outdoor exploration pack filled with provisions to explore even more!
Schedule of Programs – click on each program for more information or to register
Saturday, April 17:
- Onset Beach StoryWalk– Clam I am from 10 AM to 1 PM
Sunday, April 18:
- FULL Salt Marsh Discovery at Great Neck Wildlife Sanctuary from 9 AM to 10 AM
Monday, April 19:
- FULL Habitat Hunt at Burgess Point from 9 AM to 11AM
- Tweedy and Barnes Hiking Exploration on WCTV from 6 PM – 7 PM
Tuesday, April 20:
- FULL Youth Learn to Shellfish at Shellpoint from 9 AM to 11 AM
- History of Great Neck Walk from 12 PM – 1 PM
Wednesday, April 21:
- FULL Wickets Island Treasure Hunt from 10 AM to 12 PM
- Community Planning for Conservation 101 Webinar from 7 PM to 8 PM
Thursday, April 22: Earth Day
- Onset Beach Clean-up from 10 AM to 12 PM
- Invasive Plant Removal at Marks Cove from 1 PM to 3 PM
- Great Neck Volunteer Day from 5 PM to 6 PM
Friday, April 23:
- Adopt a Tree at The Wareham Free Library,pick-up from 10 AM to 12 PM
- Meet a Scientist at Great Neck Wildlife Sanctuary from 3 PM to 4 PM
- FULL Onset Bay Sunset Paddle from 5:30 PM to 7 PM
Saturday, April 24:
- Invasive Plant Art-Build at Marks Covefrom 10 AM to 4 PM
- FULL Family Learn to Shellfish from 1 PM to 3 PM
- “We are Water Protectors” Story Walk at Agawam River Trail
- Self-Guided Nature Exploration Activities
Registration will be limited to ensure social distancing and safety guidelines are met.
Buzzards Bay Coalition’s Onset Bay Center: The Onset Bay Center, located right on Onset Beach, offers high-quality on-the-water programs for people of all ages. Through a variety of outdoor activities such as sailing, paddling, rowing, shellfishing, and shoreline ecology, the OBC helps community members build a personal connection with our local environment. To learn more visit: www.onsetbaycenter.org
With more than 135,000 members and supporters, Mass Audubon protects over 38,000 acres of land throughout Massachusetts, saving birds and other wildlife, and making nature accessible to all. We welcome you to explore a nearby sanctuary, find inspiration, and get involved. Learn how at www.massaudubon.org.
Along with these organizations, this programming wouldn’t bepossible without funding, discounts, and support provided by The Wareham Cultural Council, Wareham Community Television, the Wareham Garden Club, and The Wareham Free Library.